Candle Care + FAQ

Lazy Lizard Co. Commission.jpg

@k.k.brooks

*FOR THE FIRST LIGHT*

When you light a new candle for the first time, you have to let the wax melt across the entire surface of the candle. This is to prevent wasting valuable wax and reducing your candle's life, please follow this rule! The wax of the candle will only melt as far as it did the very first time you burned it. That's why it is important to let the entire top layer of wax melt to the edge of the container the first time you light it. This gives it plenty of time to melt the top layer evenly, and it also helps to achieve the strongest, most bold smell.

Try to not burn your candle for more than Six hours at a time

Lazy Lizard Candles are made for very long burns, we crafted our wax blend and wicks for safe and sustained slow burns that slowly fill and embed the scent into the room. With that said burning for long times can inhibit a forgetful scenario, so as a safety  measure we do not recommend burning our candles longer then 6 hours. This will prevent the wick from becoming unstable and producing a larger flame.

Candles do not like sunlight!

The sun, and harsh indoor lighting, can cause unsightly damage to your candles over time. Keeping them out of direct sunlight (preferably in cooler, darker places) will extend the beauty and scent of your candle.